Port of Cotonou (Bénin) : extension of west breakwater
The autonomous port of COTONOU decided the construction of an extension of the West breakwater and has awarded the construction to the consortium. This project is a continuation of the extension of the sand retaining groyne in 2010 in order to contribute to the development of the Port of Cotonou. The main objectives are to develop and improve port facilities.
Special features of the project
The extension of the west breakwater is protected with a single layer of ACCROPODE™ II amour units. Two ACCROPODE™ II sizes are used to protect this structure: 3m3 and 4m3 The breakwater is protected with 2700No ACCROPODE™ II units.
- Length of structure: 200m
- Max. water depth : 10m
- Design wave Hs: 3.9 m
- Wave period Tp: 17 s
- 3D model test were carried out by ARTELIA laboratory
- 16 ACCROPODE™ II moulds of 3m3
- 5 ACCROPODE™ II moulds of 4m3
- Up to 15 lines in the slope 5 site visits contractual performed by CLI at the important stages of the armour construction
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?