Kuwait small boat harbours and marine infrastructures
STFA Contractor has been appointed by KOC (Kuwait Oil Company) for a contract regarding the development of two new small boat harbours and marine facilities located 3 0km south of Kuwait City.
The positioning was performed with GPS and divers supervision from March 2015 to Mai 2018.
Special features of the project
The exposed parts of the two distinct ports (North Port & South Port) are protected with ACCROPODE™ II units: 26 870 units of 3.0 m3.The placement of units was performed with placing drawings provided by CLI.
- Cumulated length of ACCROPODE™ II armouring: 1 500 m for South Port
- Cumulated length of ACCROPODE™ II armouring: 1 200 m for North Port
- Max. seabed depth (toe): -12.0 m (South Port) and -8.5 m (North Port)
- Top of the crest: +6.5 m to 8.5 m
- Design wave Hs: 5.3 m
- The ACCROPODE™ II units had been cast in Contractor casting yard near the site.
- ACCROPODE™ II size: 3.0 m3
- 26 870 ACCROPODE™ II units in total for both ports
- Concrete quantity: 80 610 m3 The placing of the units had been performed according to placing drawings provided by CLI. The positioning has been performed with GPS under divers’ attendance.
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?