Hallaniyat island is located 200 km from the North-East of Salalah (Oman). The owner is the MOAF (Ministry of Agriculture and fisheries). GALFAR Contractor awarded a contract for the construction of the port of Hallaniyat.
Special features of the project
The project involves two breakwaters of 700m and 100m protected with CORELOC ™ units:
- 4 477 units of 2.0 m3
- 2 890 units of 3.0 m3
The placement of units was performed with GPS and supervision by divers from April 2012 to December 2013.
- Cumulated length of CORE-LOC™ armouring: 800 m
- Max. seabed depth (toe): -11m
- Top of the crest: +7.0m
- Design wave Hs: 4.65 m
- The CORE-LOC™ units had been cast on the site.
- CORE-LOC™ sizes: 2.0 m3 , and 3.0m3
- 7 367 CORE-LOC™ units in total
- Concrete quantity: 17 624m3
- Placement performed with GPS and divers
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?