Construction of a marina of the Police Officers Club in Kuwait
POLICE OFFICERS CLUB MARINA & BREAKWATERS is located 20km South of Kuwait city center (KUWAIT). The owner is the MINISTRY OF INTERIOR.
The placement of units was performed with cable crane and positioned by GPS under supervision of divers from March 2015 to May 2017.
Special features of the project
Gulf Dredging & General Contracting K.S.C. contractor had awarded a contract for the construction of the marina protected with ACCROPODE™ II units. The main breakwater length is 560mand the lee breakwater length is 240m. The number of ACCROPODE™ II units for the two breakwaters is 7 112 units of 2.0 m3
- Cumulated length of ACCROPODE™ II
- armouring: 800m
- Max. seabed depth (toe): -5.0m
- Top of the crest: +7.0m
- Design wave Hs: 4.65m
- The ACCROPODE™ II units were cast on site.
- ACCROPODE™ II size: 2.0 m3
- 7 112 ACCROPODE™ II units in total
- Concrete quantity: 14 224 m3
- Placement performed with a cable crane from the breakwaters. The positioning has been performed with GPS under attendance of divers
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?