Zirku jetty and intake / Outfall
The Project is located in Zirku Island at 140 km from of Abu Dhabi city. The owner is ADMA. ARCHIRODON Contractor was awarded a contract for the construction of one breakwater.
The placement of units was performed with GPS and divers from May 2013 to December 2014.
Special features of the project
The project involves 800m of new breakwater protected with 2851 ACCROPODE™ units of 1.5 m3 and 5 032 ACCROPODE™ units of 2.2 m3.
- Cumulated length of ACCROPODE™
- breakwater: 800 m
- Max. seabed depth (toe): -11 m
- Top of the crest: +5.25 m
- Design wave Hs: 4.5 m
- CORE-LOC™ units produced in Dubai and transported by barge to the site.
- ACCROPODE™ sizes: 1.5 m3 and 2.2 m3
- 7 883 ACCROPODE™ units in total
- Concrete quantity: 15 347 m3
- Placement performed with GPS and divers.
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?