Constanta Port extension, northern breakwater, romania
The CONSTANTA PORT AUTHORITIES has awarded the Contractor to build the extension of the northern breakwater of the port of Constanta in Romania.
In this project, CLI was involved as the ACCROPODE™ II technology provider and provided technical assistance with placing drawings, advice on best practices, and onsite technical assistance
Special features of the project
The units were placed using a hydraulic shovel which generates a high level of efficiency and fast placement.
An appropriate selection of equipment, (hydraulic shovel, rotating hydraulic hook, ECHOSCOPE™), the support by a specialized/qualified divers’ team and focusing on CLI’s recommendations were beneficial to achieve the high performances and natural placement principles of the ACCROPODE™ II technology.
During the work execution, a strong storm which significantly impacted the breakwater works only caused minor delays to the ACCROPODE™ II placement and had very few damages on the completed areas.
- Design wave conditions: Hs 7.7m Tp 10s
- Depth of the units -17 m
- Length of the structure : 1 km
- Crest level of the structure: +10 m
- Number of units: 17 500
- Size of units: 3, 9 and 12m3
- 22 to 27 rows in the slope Particularities at the connection with existing breakwater with STABILOPODS units and cubic units.
- Concrete using cement plus Fiber
- Use of ECHOSCOPE™ system for placing
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?