Constanta beaches EFORIE North and TOMIS South
Dobrogea-seaside water administration has awarded the Contractor to re-build the several groynes located at Tomis south and Eforie north beaches at Constanta in Romania.
In this project, CLI was involved as the ACCROPODE™ II technology provider and provided technical assistance with placing drawings, advice on best practices, and onsite technical assistance
Special features of the project
The units were placed using a hydraulic shovel which generates a high level of efficiency and fast placement. An appropriate selection of equipment, (hydraulic shovel, rotating hydraulic hook, ECHOSCOPE™), the support by a specialized/qualified divers’ team and focusing on CLI’s recommendations were beneficial to achieve the high performances and natural placement principles of the ACCROPODE™ II technology.
- Design wave conditions: Hs 3.8m
- Depth of the units -3.5m
- Several structures : from 40m to 200m long
- Crest level of the structure: from 3m to 4m
- Number of units: 3524
- Size of units: 1 and 3m3
- 8 to 10 rows in the slope Connection with STABILOPODS units at one groyne.
- Connection with stones.
- Concrete using cement plus Fiber
- Use of ECHOSCOPE™ system for placing Armour units placed especially at the roundhead
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?