Braka nuclear power plant
Barakah nuclear power plant is located on the coast 53 km west of Ruwais and 300 km west of Abu Dhabi city. The owner is ENEC. NMDC Contractor was awarded a contract for the construction of breakwaters for the intake and discharge channels.
The placement of units was performed with POSIBLOC™ positioning system from March 2012 to October 2014.
Special features of the project
The project involves 15 kilometres of new breakwaters protected with 99 500 CORE-LOC™ units.
- Cumulated length of CORE-LOC™ breakwaters: 15 km
- Max. seabed depth (toe): -6.5 m
- Top of the crest: +4.5 m
- Design wave Hs: 4.1 m
- CORE-LOC™ units produced on site and transported by truck or barge.
- CORE-LOC™ sizes: 1.4 m3 and 2.0 m3
- 99 500 CORE-LOC™ units
- Concrete quantity: 139 721 m3
- POSIBLOC™ positioning system was used for the placement.
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?