Artificial islands for Satah Al-Razboot (SARB)
Satah al-Razboot (SARB) offshore oil field is located about 200 km northwest of Abu Dhabi. The owner is the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) with ADMA-OPCO as the developer.
The Islands are made with dredged material and protected by natural and artificial armour layers. The most exposed parts of these structures are protected by ACCROPODE™II units. All of the units were fabricated in the UAE onshore and transported offshore by barge during the construction.
Special features of the project
DI–MEDCO JV, a joint venture between the companies Dredging International and MEDCO, was awarded a contract for the development of two new islands which are part of the Satah Al Razboot project called SARB.
The project consists of two new islands of 500m sided each which will serve as bases for drilling the oilfield and eliminate the use of offshore rigs.
Length of ACCROPODE™ II structure: 2500m for each islands
Max. water depth (toe): -10m
Top of the crest: +7m
Design wave Hs: 4.8 m
Wave period Tp: 10.3 s
2D model test: HR Wallingford (UK) in 2011
3D model test: HR Wallingford (UK) in 2011
- ACCROPODE™ II units produced onshore and transported by barge.
- Up to 20 lines in the slope
- ACCROPODE™ II sizes: 3m3
- 37 500 ACCROPODE™ II units
- Concrete quantity: 112 500m3
- Placement in progress and should be finished after 15 months for two islands Large excavator Sennebogen with a hydraulic block rotation and sling release system were used for the placement
- ECHOSCOPE™ and underwater camera used for the placement.
- Up to 8/9 units/hours
You have a question ?
Specify your request ?